2017 June

NOTICE OF MEETING

Big Lost River Ground Water District

— Regular Board Meeting —

This and all meetings of the Board of Directors are public and subject to pertinent Open Meeting Laws.

Date:          Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Time:          1:00 P.M.

Location: Business Incubation Center — Arco, Idaho

Agenda Items and Board Meeting Minutes:

1.                 Call to Order and Roll Call

Chairman Moj called the meeting to order at 1:05 pm. Those present were Terry Monson, Mitchell Sorensen, Moj Broadie, Jack Jensen, Mike Telford, Todd Perkes, Jake Johnson, and office manager Debbie Broadie. A list of attending gallery persons is attached.

2.                 Approval of Agenda

Jack moved to approve the agenda, seconded by Jake, voting was unanimous.

3.          Approval of May 2nd and 9th, 2017 Minutes
Jack moved to approve the May 2nd minutes, seconded by Jake, voting was unanimous.

Todd moved to approve the May 9th minutes with the correction of adding “attending guests” as noted, seconded by Mike, voting was unanimous.

4.         Office Manager’s Reports
Financial Reports:

Debbie provided several handout reports (assessment tallies, bank statements, Reconciliation Detail, A/R Aging Summary, Start Up Cost, billing adjustment forms, and commitment to pay forms) which were reviewed and attached to this minutes.

Todd moved to approve the reports and that the “Start Up” reimbursements be paid, seconded by Jack, voting was unanimous.

b.      Assessment Collection Reports and Penalty and Late Fees

Debbie reported American Falls and IGWA charge $15.00 for late fees plus 1% per month on each delinquent assessment account. The Assessment Book will be compared to Jaxon Higgs WR Report for errors. Jack will conduct this review, the 2n review will be conducted by the {‘Errors and Omission Committee” if needed, and the 3rd review will be conducted by the Board if any errors remain unsettled. Mike moved the “Commitment to Pay” form be approved, seconded by Jack, voting was unanimous.

c.       Order Granting Intervention

Debbie also reported the Director had granted our notice of intervention in the contested “designation” matter.

5.          Officer and Committee Reports
a.      2018 Budget & Assessments and Annual Meeting Initial Planning

Todd will prepare a “timeline schedule” for this process and present it at the next Board meetings.

b.      Water Well Consultants Reports

No report was provided because neither Jaxon or Brian were invited to the meeting.

c.       Water Management Plan Discussion

i.        Configuring Plan Concepts (Mike)

Mike led a general discussion on this topic. (It is uncertain whether his notes were preserved, so I am substituting my personal notes for now. See attachment.)

ii.      “Water Bank Initiative” and “Green Belts and River Flows” (Mitchell)

Mitchell led this brief discussion. It has become clearer that the Bernal Petition signers did not understand the legal term “minimum stream flow” but are more interested in “green belts and localized recharge projects”. More information and work will follow as interested persons begin to develop a plan.

6.         Executive Session – Docket No. P*CGWA-2016-1
Moj moved to go into Executive Session, seconded by Jack, voting was unanimous. Moj moved to come out of Executive Session, seconded by Jack, voting was unanimous.

Post Executive Session motions

a.                  Mike moved we retain TJ Budge as counsel and authorize him to submit a Statement of Position and represent the GWD in this contested matter, seconded by Jake, voting was unanimous. Mike will contact TJ and make this request.

b.                  Mike moved the officers of the GWD be authorized to meet with Rose Bernal to discuss settlement options, seconded by Jake, voting was unanimous.

Policy Review (700 and 800 series) This item was postponed.

8.         Other Business
Mitchell moved the lease agreement with the BIC for office space and conference rooms be renewed for 1 (one) year, seconded by Jack, voting was unanimous.

9.          Adjournment
a.       Next meeting date (Jeee 11th, 2017 at 1:00 p.m.)

b.       Moj called the for Adjournment at 4:20 p.m.